We all know that March is one of the best times of the year. One of those reasons is that it’s the month of MARCH MADNESS Basketball! With the Elite 8 coming up this weekend, there are officially several hours left of March Madness Basketball! DO NOT SPEND THAT ENTIRE TIME JUST SITTING!
We all know that sitting without movement is not especially great for us, and although you may occasionally stand up and cheer, you’re likely spending the majority of your time on the couch, eating your favorite snacks and cheering on your favorite teams. Below, you can find 3 exercises to incorporate into watching the Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final 4, all the way to the championship! The best news: no equipment necessary!
- Couch Stretch
- When we sit rooting on our favorite team our hip flexors suffer and become increasingly tight. Check out the picture/video below to find a good way to stretch those hips!
- “Surrender Cobra” Side Bend.
- Urban Dictionary defines Surrender Cobra: a pose displayed by sports fans after their team has made a disastrous play. Check it about below and when you find yourself in this position, add the side bend!
- Seated Ceiling Chest bumps
- When we sit we tend to slouch and roll our shoulders forward. Get out of that position and open up your chest! Every time the team you are cheering for makes a HUGE play, give the ceiling 5 chest bumps!
Enjoy the Games and keep that body moving!